Thursday, October 9, 2014
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
Title: All Our Yesterdays
Author: Cristin Terrill
Pages: 404
What would you change?
Imprisoned in the heart of a secret military base, Em has nothing except the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain.
Only Em can complete the final instruction. She’s tried everything to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present—imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside.
Marina has loved her best friend, James, since they were children. A gorgeous, introverted science prodigy from one of America’s most famous families, James finally seems to be seeing Marina in a new way, too. But on one disastrous night, James’s life crumbles, and with it, Marina’s hopes for their future. Marina will protect James, no matter what. Even if it means opening her eyes to a truth so terrible that she may not survive it... at least, not as the girl she once was. Em and Marina are in a race against time that only one of them can win.My Rating:✰✰✰✰✰
This was my first time traveling book and I really did enjoy it. The writing was very good and easy to read. I loved the duel point of view in the story and how it was told.
The characters and plot were great and this book kept me turning the pages and wondering what would happen next. I felt like this book had a lot of twists and turns that I don't want to accidently spoil for anyone, so the non-spoiler brief review will end here.
I do recommend this book for those looking for an adventure. I am very glad that I picked it up and was in this great world.
I loved how adventurous this book was and it really made me want to read more time travel.
More in depth review: (read at your own caution!)
I loved how the two perspectives were the same person, but just different time periods. Marina and Em were both great characters. One of the things that annoyed me a little was how Em wouldn't kill James although she had the chance to. The opportunity was there, but she didn't take it and was hesitant. It did make sense for her character though, since she was in love with James in the past. But if she had killed him when she could've, then the whole thing could've ended right then and there.
I loved both Finns and how witty and sweet they are. James was a good character, but I connected the dots and realized that he was the doctor. It didn't surprise me too much, but I did like how he was the former friend/enemy. But because of that, I stopped liking him knowing how cruel he would be in the future. His younger self wasn't too bad, but showed signs of anger and a little bit of mania.
I liked Finn and Em's relationship more than James and Marina by a lot. The romantic relationships were different and I liked the twists in it. I wasn't sure whether I would like them together at the beginning of the story, but knowing their pasts, I definitely do.
The concept of the whole story and Cassandra was great. The beginning was already interesting with the whole note in the drain and traveling back in time. I was glad that I wasn't too confused with the story line since it was about time travel.
I thought the ending was bittersweet. The whole scene were all of the main characters were near the house was so thrilling. I was really wondering what would happen next and who would kill who.
The younger James killing himself made me want to like him more, which I definitely did compared to the doctor. Finn dying made me extremely sad since he was such a good character, but in the end, Marina doesn't remember any of it and Finn is still alive.
But this book was very enjoyable. If you've read the book, let me know what you think in the comments!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment